Industrial Water Treatment &
Legionella Risk Assessment
ELGA Process Water, part of the world’s largest environmental services provider
Veolia Environnement, provide expert water treatment support to over 4000
clients in the UK. Over the years, we have been known through trade names such
as Permutit, PWT, Boby, Dewplan and Vivendi Water Systems.
Our offering, unmatched by any other industrial water treatment company,
includes equipment, long and short term rental, 24/7 maintenance programmes,
refurbishment and system upgrades, Aquamove emergency mobile equipment,
contingency planning, and Aquatrend™ process optimisation.
Water Treatment Equipment
ELGA provide water treatment equipment for most applications from Power Stations
to Breweries, Chemical Works to Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, and from
University Laboratories to Hospital Dialysis units.
Using proven technology such as Actiflo® clarification, filtration, reverse
osmosis, Rapide Strata ion exchange, continuous electro deionisation (CDI /
CEDI), ELGA produce the right quality of water, from sources such as town mains,
river or borehole water, and even by recycling used process or cooling water.
Equipment is available for capital purchase, long or short-term rental, both as
supply only through to full turnkey installation.
Aquamove – Emergency
In an emergency, ELGA Process Water’s Aquamove department can have a mobile
asset on the road to a customer’s site a couple of hours.
ELGA’s engineer will arrive with the mobile water treatment asset, make the
connections and put the unit into service.
The fleet of emergency response assets includes:
• MODi® articulated trailer
• MORo® containerised reverse osmosis
• MOFi® forkliftable pre-treatment / ion exchange
• Flexicon containerised softening / dealkalisation
Aquamove also provide Contingency Planning services ReAct® and PreAct. The ReAct®
plan is provided free of charge, the PreAct plan includes pre-inducting of
engineers, preferential commercial rates and availability.
The ELGA pre-planned maintenance programmes can be inclusive of parts or
consumables and are based around pre-organised visit schedules.
Should an issue be more urgent, ELGA’s service call out telephone line is manned
24/7. Service Contracts are available with guaranteed engineer to site times of
24, 8, or 4 hours.
In addition to plant maintenance,
ELGA Process Water offer the following:
• Ion exchange media care, testing and replacement
• Reverse osmosis membrane cleaning, testing and replacement
• Stock holding of 10,000 parts
• 70+ field service engineers – largest process water team in the UK
• Spares / consumables supply and customer inventory management
• Plant inspection
• Technical support
• Operator training
Refurbishment / Upgrades
Refurbishment / upgrading can extend the useful life of an existing water
treatment plant, improve running costs, or the ease of operation.
ELGA specialises in the following areas:
• Chemical storage and dilution systems / regeneration equipment
• Header and lateral replacement / upgrade (plastic, stainless, rubber lined)
• Nozzle plate systems
• Pressure vessel refurbishment / replacement (grp, stainless, rubber lined)
• Manway conversion
• Plant capacity increases
• Automation & control systems / SCADA
ELGA maintains an archive of many of the original manufacturing drawings from
the Permutit and Dewplan installations from 1955.
Aquatrend™ – Process Optimisation
To minimise operating cost and increase reliability / availability of any water
treatment system it is imperative to understand the design, the feed water and
how it changes with time, changes to the output requirements, and how the plant
is actually operated.
Process Water’s Aquatrend™ Service helps clients get the best performance:
• Reduced operating costs
• Increased reliability
• Allows pre-planning and budget for essential maintenance
• Desk studies
• Regular paper based process analysis
• Telemetry / online analysis
• Monthly, quarterly’ or annual reports